Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Where in the world: Bogota

In August 2005, I wrote a blog entry about Cartagena, in that post, my good friend Luis Largo (one of the best AIESEC trainees the country has had) asked me to write someday something about Bogota.

I am currently in Bogota, it is my 8th or 9th visit in the last 8 months... my second visit in the last 3 weeks... and I belive it is fair enough to write something about this great city.

Bogota is everything the Colombian tourism board says: "the risk is that you will want to stay". It has an absolutely amazing weather, the most stunning views (on the contrary of what many will think... you want find palm trees and tropical stuff, it is a full mountain / valley view, with high altitude vegetation), amazing places and incredible people

Days in Bogota go by in the office... so there is not much to tell, although I have a spectacular view from the office (see right)...

Nights in Bogota have been amazing (thank God I don't live here or I would have a severe case of many things... haha)

Food is great, party environment is amazing (doesn't matter which day of the week is), music is fantastic and everyone  is just so charming!

So... recommendations:

- Eat: there are just too many options! (zona T, zona G and Usaquen areas will never let you down)
- Party: you need to go to Andres Carne de Res in Chia on a Friday or Saturday (if you are not here over the weekend, the Andres DC spot is also cool for a weekday options)
- Visit: Monserrate, La Candelaria, Catedral de Sal, etc

Hope you get to like it as much as I do! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home